NPG Ahdio Show 4
NPG Ahdio Show # 4
NPG Music Club download - no official artwork created
|Released:||15 May 2001|
NPG Ahdio Show Chronology
NPG Ahdio Show # 4, the fourth edition of the NPG Ahdio Show, was released as an mp3 download concurrently with Props N’ Pounds, Hit U In The Socket by Rosie Gaines, and Sex In My Bones by Fonky Bald Heads (all mp3 audio files), as NPG Music Club Edition # 4. No official artwork is available for this (or any) show.
This edition contains no previously-unreleased tracks (other than Hit U In The Socket, which was also released separately on the same day), but it contains thirteen unique versions of previously-released tracks: an alternate mix of Props N’ Pounds (which was released in its 'original' form concurrently), 1986 live versions of Christopher Tracy’s Parade, New Position, I Wonder U, Raspberry Beret, Delirious, Controversy and A Love Bizarre (recorded in order from the 31 August 1986, Alsterdorfer Sporthalle, Hamburg, West Germany Parade Tour show), a 1987 live version of Strange Relationship (taken from the 21 March 1987, First Avenue, Minnapolis, MN, USA show), a 1995 live version of Get Wild by the New Power Generation (taken from the 5 April 1995, The White Room TV broadcast), and 1993 live versions of Damn U, The Max and Johnny (all taken from the 25 March 1993, Radio City Music Hall, New York, NY, USA Act I show).
Almost all these tracks are not available elsewhere apart from Strange Relationship which was released as a separate download in 2005.
Three tracks (two songs and a segue) by other artists with Prince input are included, which are available elsewhere. Five NPG Ahdio Segues were included, all of which are unavailable elsewhere.
The first Spoken segue is notable for announcing both the 2001 Prince: A Celebration - The Rainbow Children week at Paisley Park Studios, Chanhassen, MN, USA, and that Prince was in negotiations with a major record store chain to distribute the planned 2001 A Celebration album, said to contain 20 "remastered, re-recordings" of Prince’s greatest hits, along with "at least four brand new songs".
This album was not released, however (likely due to the Warner Bros. release of The Very Best Of Prince in July 2001).
Timings are not given, as several of the tracks overlap or feature spoken segues in the format of a radio DJ speaking over a song’s introduction. Please note that tracks that are simple edits of other versions are not included in that song’s listing - a track is included in the individual song listing only if it is a remix, live, or other alternate recording.
- Props N’ Pounds - Prince (alternate mix)
- Spoken segue (spoken over coda of Props N’ Pounds and unknown instrumental)
- Christopher Tracy’s Parade (Live) - Prince and the Revolution
- New Position (Live) - Prince and the Revolution
- I Wonder U (Live) - Prince and the Revolution
- Raspberry Beret (Live) - Prince and the Revolution
- Delirious (Live) - Prince and the Revolution
- Controversy (Live) - Prince and the Revolution
- A Love Bizarre (Live) - Prince and the Revolution (includes Free World lyrics/chants)
- Hit U In The Socket - Rosie Gaines
- Voicemail segue
- Strange Relationship (Live) - Prince
- Get Wild (Live) - New Power Generation
- Damn U (Live) - Prince and the New Power Generation
- The Max (Live) - Prince and the New Power Generation
- Spoken segue
- Intro - Chaka Khan
- This Crazy Life Of Mine - Chaka Khan
- Spoken segue
- Johnny (Live) - Prince and the New Power Generation
- Kurt Loder spoken segue
- See individual tracks for musical personnel and production credits.
Quotations and trivia
- This show contains the only official reference to the planned 2001 A Celebration album (which was later abandoned).