- The project was announced on Andy Allo's Facebook page on 8 March 2012 with a 15-second video using a clip of the song Superconductor. Drfunkenberry.com posted a 1:09 sample of People Pleaser from the album hours later, and posted additional information regarding the project.
- On 26 April 2012, a 23-second video titled Wonder What It'll Feel Like..., using a clip of an unidentified song (with the lyrics "This is what it feels like") was premiered on YouTube to promote the album. DrFunkenberry.com identified the track as When Stars Collide.
- People Pleaser was performed live on French TV show Le Grand Journal a year before the album's planned release.
- On 14 June 2012, Andy Allo appeared on radio station V101.1 in her hometown of Sacramento, talking about creating the album with Prince, and played clips of the album versions of People Pleaser, Superconductor and When Stars Collide.
- DrFunkenberry.com posted a lengthy interview and article on the album on 23 June 2012, which confirmed an additional track title, If I Was King.
- Andy Allo posted photos of the finished CD packaging on her Facebook page on 11 September 2012.
- Andy Allo held a Superconductor listening party and played a short live set with the NPG in the House Of Blues, Chicago. IL, USA on 23 September 2012.
- Andy Allo guested a few times during Prince's "Welcome 2 Chicago" series of shows, and she and the NPG performed a short set at the first "afterjam" on 25 September 2012 (am); they started the show very late, however, so much so that they were shut down, before Prince, who was there could potentially join in.
- Andy Allo and the NPG performed People Pleaser on three Chicago-area TV stations on 24 September 2012 (WCIU's You And Me morning show, broadcast the next day) and 26 September 2012 (WGN's Morning News, followed by another performance of the song on Fox Chicago' Good Day Chicago), while in town for Prince's "Welcome 2 Chicago" series of shows.
- Press release on 11 September 2012:
Andy Allo, funk/soul artist extraordinaire, has been announced to perform live at Prince's after-jam at Chicago's House of Blues on September 24, following a special performance by Prince himself, at his "Welcome 2 Chicago" engagement. The "Welcome 2" event will be held at the United Center earlier that evening, in support of the Rebuild the Dream foundation, founded by Van Jones, whose mission is to mobilize thousands of everyday people who come together to build strong vibrant communities, and to fix the U.S. economy from the ground up.[released as Long Gone]. The album also includes featured artists Maceo Parker, Prince and Trombone Shorty.
Allo, who opens for Prince on-tour and is a guitarist/vocalist in his band, The New Power Generation, will be releasing her sophomore CD on Prince's NPG Records on September 20 titled "Superconductor." The album is Executive Produced by Prince, and features six self-penned tracks by Allo, with three songs co-written by Prince - "Superconductor," "The Calm" and "Gone"
As soon as we felt Andy Allo's energetic presence on tour with r band," says Prince, "we knew she'd b leading her own revolution soon!"
Adds Allo, "Touring with Prince & The NPG has been a challenging and rewarding experience and Superconductor is a work of art that encapsulates the journey thus far."
A poet, songwriter, singer and dancer, Allo has been a member of The New Power Generation since 2011. Allo will continue to tour with Prince in conjunction with the release of "Superconductor."
- Image of the USB edition:
(image credit: discogs.com)