- At 11:27 PM on Thursday 13 February Prince’s manager Kiran Sharma put out a tweet reading: "Hello #princearmy... out of interest... who is willing to pay £70 for a show tonight? #princewatch #princeUKtour @3RDEYEGIRL", but no further info came about a show that night. The following day at 11:14 AM The official 3rdeyegirl twitter account tweeted "FEB.FOURTEEN 2THOUSAND ZEROFOURTEEN: THE CALM B4 THE STORM... " That tweet was then deleted later in the afternoon and soon thereafter, at 3:43 PM a tweet reading: "!!!!!!!!!ACOUSTIC JAM Q & A!!!!!!!!!!!!" was posted with no further info.
Then at 7:13 PM the 3rdeyegirl account tweeted "Kings Place Music Foundation 90 York Way, London N1 9AG" and 4 minutes later "KINGS PLACE: 2NITE!!!" and at 7:25 p.m. "KINGS PLACE: NOW!!!". Followed by a retweeted picture of a cue of about 200 strong at 7:48 PM. Meanwhile manager @KiranSharma had tweeted: "tickets will be £70 for tonights @3RDEYEGIRL show at Kings Place Music Foundation 90 York Way, London N1 9AG #princearmy #princewatch <3" at 7:32 PM.
- The show was set to be an all acoustic one.
- Doors to the venue opened at 8:35 p.m.. with doors to Hall One open some ten minutes later
- With people entering the Prince episode of New Girl was shown on a screen lowered in front of the stage.
- The show started of with some songs indeed played acoustically as announced with Prince and Donna Grantis on acoustic guitar, Ida Nielsen on acoustic bass and Hannah Welton-Fordon percussion. A few songs in though the purple backdrop in front of which they played was raised to reveal the regular 'plugged' stage set-up.